Bossier Parish School System Mission Statement
The mission of the Bossier Parish School System is to be committed to high achievement for all.
The vision of the Bossier Parish School System is to ensure all students acquire 21st century skills to be successful in a global society.
Belief and Assumption Statements
The Bossier Parish School System and members of the community believe that each child is an individual of great worth and is entitled to develop to his/her fullest potential. Achieving respect for self, for others, and for the values inherent in a democracy is an essential ingredient in the development of the individual. Enthusiasm for life, good health, and a love of learning should be fostered in a safe, secure, stimulating environment. The Bossier Parish School Board and the community share the responsibility for ensuring:
- that each student receives a high quality education in order to progress academically and achieve workforce skills.
- that each student has access to technology to acquire and share information in an ethical manner
- that each student is exposed to experiences that will encourage the development of responsibility and respect to foster his or her citizenship at home, in school, and in the community.
- that opportunities for cooperation and teamwork among educators, parents, community members, and students emerge in order to meet the school system’s goals and objectives.
Bossier Parish Schools will ensure that:
- Student learning will improve as Collaborative Teams of teachers are created at each school site to collaborate and improve the academic achievement of all students as well as improve each other’s instructional practices.
- Student learning will improve as a viable and guaranteed curriculum is used, best practices for instruction are implemented, and a variety of assessments are used to address the needs of all students.
- Student learning and instructional practices will improve as every PLC Collaborative Team analyzes the results from the team-developed Common Formative Assessments to identify non-proficient and proficient students.
- Student learning will improve as a Multi-Tiered System of Support (Interventions and Extensions of Learning) is put into action.
The Bossier School System will demonstrate the qualities of a caring, collegial, cooperative employer.